This recipe is so creamy and satisfying, it will quickly become a favourite for everyone. When I served this up to my family they were geniunely shocked to find this recipe was vegan! The blended cashews provide the creamy taste and texture, while the mushrooms and asparagus provide added texture and flavour.
This recipe serves 4.
tbsp of olive oil
300g of chopped button Mushrooms
500gs of spaghetti pasta
1 white onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves chopped minced/crushed
180g of Asparagus cut into cm cubes
1 & 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning/Mixed herbs
350ml veg stock
1 cup of cashew nuts, soaked in a cup of water.
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- Begin by adding the spaghetti to a pot of boiling water.
- If using tomato, cut the tomatoes in half and drizzle in oil. Place in oven for 25 minutes on 180 degrees C.
- Begin by soaking one cup of mushrooms in water.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a large pan with some olive oil until onions translucent.
- add the mushrooms, spices and asparagus and fry for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
- Add veg stock and allow to simmer for further 10 minutes.
- Blend the cashews then add to the mixture in the pan and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and enjoy! (optionally add grilled tomatoes to dish.)