I came up with this recipe after looking in my cupboards and simply using what I had. I knew I wanted something hearty yet simply, and that didn’t take too long (as i’m an incredibly impatient person when it comes to cooking!). This recipe ticks all these boxes. It also makes 3 portions, so you can be super efficient and put some in the freezer for those times when you just can’t be bothered to cook.
You will need:
- 6 cups of sliced Mushrooms (I just used button, but really any will do).
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (any will do, it’s preference)
- 1.5 cups of orange lentils
- 1 Yellow onion
- 900ml veg stock
- 1 tbsp of mild curry powder
- 2 x tsp of garlic powder
- Dice the onion and fry with a tea spoon of oil until onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, curry powder and garlic powder and fry until mushrooms softened.
- Then add the lentils and fry for a couple of minutes before adding the stock.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils have softened and sauce is thickened.
Then serve with rice, or on it’s own with some bread and enjoy! 🙂